Operating room best practice is based on the AfPP’s Standards and Recommendations for Safe Perioperative Practice 2016.
This course will help you:
Buy Now - £65 + VAT
- Recognise the importance of minimising risk to the patient whilst you are present in the operating room.
- Identify health and safety issues in the area relative to your own safety.
- Recognise your role in protecting the patients’ confidential information.
- Identify correct theatre clothing, and personal protective equipment specific to areas of the operating department.
- Describe the importance of infection prevention and control in relation to operating room practice.
- Understand the surgical team structure and their roles.
- Set up and manage equipment trials effectively.