This course will help you:
- Recognise the importance of minimising risk to the patient whilst you are present in the operating room.
- Identify health and safety issues in the area relative to your own safety.
- Recognise your role in protecting the patients’ confidential information.
- Identify correct theatre clothing, and personal protective equipment specific to areas of the operating department.
- Describe the importance of infection prevention and control in relation to operating room practice.
- Understand the surgical team structure and their roles.
- Set up and manage equipment trials effectively.
Operating room best practice is based on the AfPP’s Standards and Recommendations for Safe Perioperative Practice 2016.
If you already have access to this course, please ensure you login to continue.
You can buy this course or purchase access to all online courses for £65 plus VAT.