Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register for access to the online training?
- You can buy access to our online training site by clicking here.
- If you are unsure, please check with your employer or ourselves as you may already have training site access.
- Simply contact the support team on 01732 920 900 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org for full details on how to register.
How long is my access to the online training site valid for?
- Access to our online training site is valid for 1 year from the date of purchase which can be renewed 2 months prior to expiry.
What additional training is required?
- There area minimum of five training categories for tier 1. Please see the tier document for further guidance.
- How often do I need to update the training? Card holders need to re-validate their card on an annual basis by demonstrating continuing professional development (CPD). This can be done via the document uploader or online exams. Certain courses (ie, theatre access) are expected to be retaken every two years.
- How do I submit internal training and what do you require? When submitting information a short statement including name of training and date completed is all that is needed. Detail records/certificates should be maintained for possible audit purposes.
What is accredited training?
- Training by accredited bodies includes that of EduQual, EORNA, AfPP and the CPD Certification Service
How do I obtain an LSI National Credentialing Register card?
- You will need to have up to date valid training, i.e. ABPI certificate, NMC pin or any third-party accredited training.
- A photo for your card.
- The annual fee per member is £30 + VAT for the ID card and access to the MIA appointments system plus £30 (no VAT) for registration with the LSI National Credentialing Register.
- Contact our support team on 01732 920 900 or email us email@example.com for further details.
Why has it increased?
- Since MIA was launched in 2013, the cost has never increased beyond £18+vat. Although the price has increased, it remains a not-for-profit system. The additional cost is being used to develop and maintain a free mobile app for members, as well as supporting account managers to enlist further hospitals to the service.
How long is the card valid for?
How do I get a card for employees based overseas?
- Overseas registrants can apply and use their own documentation as appropriate (ie, if required, non-UK criminal record checks will be considered)
What is tier X and how do I get onto tier 1, 2 or 3?
- When your existing MIA card expires, we will issue a new LSI National Credentialing Register card, which grants the same level of access to hospitals which you have always enjoyed via the MIA appointment system. If you do not meet the LSI National Credentialing Register standards you will be identified at tier X, which demonstrates you are working towards meeting the full standards. You will have until 30th July 2020 to meet the full LSI National Credentialing Register’s tier requirements.
- Once you have met the standards required for the LSI National Credentialing Register you will be able to easily submit for approval via this website. This may mean checking that all your training requirements are up to date. (It is up to each individual to decide which tier is relevant for them in their role, and for training managers (or equivalents) to deem what is appropriate by way of product training.)
How does the audit process work?
- Three per cent of registrants will be selected every year by the AHCS for audit. Members may need to provide documentation of their qualifications, etc.
I’ve lost my card, what do I need to do?
- In the first instance you should let your training manager/HR manager know so that they can inform us to issue you a new card. We should be able to reissue a new card to you within 10 working days.
- If a new card is needed urgently, we may be able to provide you with an electronic version to use. Please note that the cost of a replacement LSI National Credentialing Register card is £30 plus VAT and the MIA card only is £18 + VAT.
- Email us firstname.lastname@example.org to request a replacement card.
How do I transfer my account over to a new company?
- You will need to have received permission from your Training Manager/HR manager to transfer your account to your new company.
- Email our support team - email@example.com with your transfer request.
What additional information to I need to submit?
- Home and employer address, date of birth, country of birth, nationality and monitoring information (in line with equality and diversity monitoring).
Why do I need to supply a home address?
- Home address is recorded in case there is ever an official complaint. This is to ensure that if the registrant has left the original company, the AHCS could still make contact to resolve.
How do I update my profile with my credentials?
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS):
Hepatitis B & any other vaccinations
- Please provide a copy of your immunisation record (scan or photo) showing dates immunisations received – you can request this from your GP surgery.
- Please confirm if Hepatitis B is positive or negative.
- Please contact your company in the first instance, as they may offer it under occupational services.
- If you are unable to locate your GP records, you can send over a serology report proving your immunity.
Where is my ID card?
- Once your account has been set up/transferred and you have supplied/taken the relevant training along with a photo for your ID card we will post your card to your head office address within 10 working days.
- Request a PDF copy of your card whilst you wait for the hard copy to arrive.
For any further details, simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our support team on 01732 920 900.